After a long winter of hibernating in puffer coats and parkas, you’re ready to make a splash. Get your beach bum into swimsuit shape with fitness phenomenon Tracy Anderson’s targeted moves.
Hot to Get Rid of Love Handles
Some curves make us feel sexy. These are not them.
1. Get into a push-up position with legs a bit farther apart than your shoulder width.
2. Bend your right leg and dip the knee down, so you can feel where your lower abs start to tense.
3. Kick that leg up and out as high as you can. You should feel your back muscles work all the way through your shoulder.
4. Repeat 10 times, and then switch to your left leg.
Give Your Butt a Lift
Get your rear in gear with some backward leg lifts.
1. Grab a 3-lb. weight and get down on all fours. Balance with your hands on the weight, placed vertically out in front of you. If you don’t have a weight, put one hand over the other on the floor and balance that way.
2. Starting with the right leg, drop your hip, keep your right leg bent, and lift it up so that your foot points toward the ceiling.
3. Without bringing the leg down, straighten it out behind you and lift it up toward the ceiling again.
4. Repeat 40 times and then switch to your left leg. One rep is full completion of “bend, lift, straighten, and lift.”
Tone Your Tummy
Get your abdomen in check. Tracy uses a tree, but a wall will just as effectively do the trick.
1. Lay with your back flat and your legs at an angle, make sure your feet are flat against the wall.
2. With your feet on the wall, cross your feet. Do a crunch as you bring your bent right leg toward you while keeping your left leg straight, the foot flat against the wall.
3. Keeping crunch position, bring your right leg down to the wall while alternately kicking your left leg straight up. Make sure to stay clenched for the whole set of 20 for each side.
4. To change things up and work different muscles, do a crunch while lifting your legs into a V-shape, and then release. Repeat 10 times.
More Videos From DailyCandy
1. Video 1
2. Video 2
3. Video 3